Numbness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I worry about a stroke a lot because of all the numbness. My Dr said not to worry about it. I think they just tell you what you want to hear. I am sorry to hear about you having the double vision for so long. That has to be miserable. My eyes bother me all the time. They water and are so light sensitive. I did not have this before. My eye aches me a lot also. I used to enjoy reading alot but I do not anymore. God Bess you also and I am wishing you the best. Kathy

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that you're having so much pain. How long has it been since you were diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. What medications are you taking. I was diagnosed about six months ago it's been a struggle for the last six months but I'm doing much better now. I will be praying for you and God bless you with all your struggles Steve

• Posted

Hi,

M optamologist, says dryness of the eyes are caused when ur eyes begin to water, get dome liwuid tears.

The liquid helped me.

God bless us and keep us and give us peace

• Posted

Don't worry about a stroke.  I've had atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia for 17 years now.   It doesn't go away but it can calm down some with occasional flares.  There is nothing about ATN that will cause a stroke.  You may have other  health issues that might cause one but neuralgia is a nerve issue not a blood clot issue.

ATN is the chronic form of TN with discomfort for part or all of everyday. (I don't discuss "pain" as a psychological trick.  Pain is only for acute discomfort like a flare. It is too depressing to think PAIN! for 17 years.)  I wear sunglasses whenever I am outside.  I not only protects the eyes from wind and dirt, it can also help block the wind from blowing directly on your face.  A big trigger for some people.  It also might be a good idea to see an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist, to look at your eyes.  I take Restasis eye drops twice a day that help dry eyes.

I think the hardest part of this issue is that it is never going away.  A good therapist can help you work through this.  You should not make this the center of your life; hard to do, I know.  There are all sorts of medical treatments and medication you can try.  Find a good neurologist, get settled on medications, and manage the best you can.  Good luck.

• Posted

Kathy,

I have the same sensitivity issue going on with my eyes, and more specifically the left eye because my surgery was for left side TN.  I haven't found any answers for this frustrating problem.  Left eye is just super sensitive to  sun light.  Eyes also start watering a lot (randomly) and with a slight allergy like burn.  Happens every day and anytime, even when indoors. I can wear contacts but when the eye tears it's very uncomfortable.  I have not contacted my surgeons about this because i found that after care in the US is non existent. When i contacted them once before a couple of months after surgery about other side effects of numbness and sinus like heavy pressure behind the left eye, their answer was " but it's better than having the TN pain right".  In some ways they are correct, but in short their answer is " this is the best you get".  Have you or anyone else who is experiencing this tried allergy meds to see if that helps with the excessive watering and pressure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.