Numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have just joined this group I have not been diagnosed with neuropathy yet but currently have numbness from head to toe . I'm just wondering if anyone else has had whole body numbness ??? .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had numbness in my right thigh for years, and wasn't sure what it was, until I started developing other symptoms of neuropathy. I started taking large amounts of C-about 7-10,000 mg a day-for another condition. As I did, I started to notice my thigh was stinging! I thought, what the heck? But little by little the feeling has started to come back to my thigh. It is now just a bit numb, after maybe a month or a little more.

I just read here a response from Brazenhawk on another thread, saying that taking milk thistle 3xday 175 mg has pretty much cured his neuropathy, so I plan to try upping my intake from what it currently is. Hope this helps.  :-)

• Posted

Hi thanks for getting back to me it's just quite odd as I've read through different forums and symptoms and not a lot of people seem to have numbness that is all over .

• Posted

From what I've seen I think most people seem to just have it in a few places, or if they have it more than that, they don't say anything because the painful neuropathy is just so much worse. I know that I lived with the numbness in my thigh for years and only noticed it when it first started to go numb, because it drove me crazy until it went completely numb. Kind of the same feeling in reverse once it started to get feeling again, but I didn't mind so much since I realized what was happening.

I hope you get better. I know that numbness like that can be dangerous, as you can hurt yourself and not even know it.

• Posted

Thank you me to I think it just the not knowing why or how I could try and make it better I'm currently waiting to have a  (e m g  winktest which might hopefully give some answers .

• Posted

Hi I did an MRI it shows mixed- sensory-motor poly neuropathy and leg paresthesia.I have been like this since march It starts in my shoulders stiff, burning, feels like my back is the tree trunk with all the branches lashing out. My legs and feet tingly and numb. fingers are tingly and numb it moves around some days my arm is immobile.I am currently taking  300 mg gabapentin 2x a day I wear thermacare pads they are good for 8 hours. I cant get rid of the shakiness in the hands  not sewing anything. I take tramadol at night helps sleep. I did physical therepy for 16 weeks doesn't work I am gonna be doing a full MRI on my spine whenever they call Epsom salt baths to help rid the stiffness upon awakening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.