Numbness after operation?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, after you had a hemorroid surgery did you feel numbness of anus/prostate/crotch area?

For how long after surgery?

It's been 12 hours and I cannot feel anything there, anus and prostate area are numb. Is it normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I can't say what "normal" is but I experienced intense pain immediately upon waking from the anaesthetic. 12 hours does seem a bit much..but I would say being numb is a blessing

• Posted

have the doctor told you that he would be giving you anything else except anesthetic? might be that you were given something else to make it numb, if the numbness persists I would gt it checked out just in case something was done that it might not have had to be done. I hadn't had numbness but had pain when waking from the GA but the pain killers soon went to work.

if in doubt get it seen to, better sooner then later.

• Posted

100% normal, and try to poop while still numb...

• Posted

I had a numbing drug call experal which did cause that. If you weren't given that drug I don't have an explanation. More curious about your pain level.

• Posted

At this moment I would welcome the pain, as it'd mean nerve is ok.

Numbness can indicate damaged nerve, and that is a sentence for the whole life - not being able to control your anus 😦

I did not feel much pain, only immediately after waking up. Then they gave some kind of opioid, and something else, and it went away.

BTW, I was going for internal and external, but while waiting for the op, external trombosed one shrank, and, after reading these forums, i asked not to do external one if it's gone. I figured that i rather deal with it next time it gets trombosed, than risk all the side effects. And, I asked internal ones to do band if possible, instead of cutting it off completly.

• Posted

After surgery i had some numbness for about 12 hours, particularly in the crotch area. i was able to urinate but it was without much sensation. my butt was NOT numb at all

• Posted

After 48 hr right part of the anus and some crotch area is still numb. I am afraid it's permanent. Guess some nerve was damaged during procedure.

The left part started to hurt like hell after i went to the toilet first time. It got so bad I took 2 codeine tablets just to go to sleep, and side effects of those are bad. And the problems trying to pee is back.

why on earth did i go through this. It was just banding after all, was supposed to be painless.

Why did not i hear of Ultroid procedure earlier...

• Posted

hopefully it's not as bad as you think, the feeling will come back. trying to pee is a usual thing as everything is very tight there. I thought banding was just that and n cutting etc was required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.