Numbness All Over For 3 Weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Female / 15

I've posted on the anxiety forums before, but it's gotten to the point that I can't believe it's anxiety anymore.

I have numbness all over my body (everywhere is the same). It doesn't feel numb on the surface, for example if I run my nails over my skin I can feel it just as I normally would. But if I'm massaging my arm / leg / face whatever for example, it feels numb. I have no problem sensing hot and cold and I can sense pain as long as it is on the surface. I have had this for 3 weeks now, and it is consistently like this.

There is no weakness in my body, and I'm having no trouble doing normal things like walking, writing, etc.

I had an anxiety attack about a sickness (the headaches) that started this, although everything has waned except for the numbness (which presented itself AFTER most of that was gone).

I'm so confused -- what is going on??

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think its anxiety.

• Posted

Could you add why you think so? I have it and it is constant. I don't feel anxious or depressed I am very confused. This is miserable if anyone out there has an answer please please reach out to me or respond to this forum.

• Posted

i feel like this at the moment and its driving me crazy! numbness only in my right foot at the moment around my ankle and along the outer edge. When i bend it, it feels like its burning! but doesnt hurt when i walk or anything. I also get pins and needles but more so when im over thinking about it. My doctor said it is 100% anxiety apparently! I hate it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.