Numbness and tingling in extremities. Slight trembling hands.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is this happening to anyone else?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Been on RA forums for 10 years, never heard of this one. You need to get it checked out.

Tingling and numbness is a symptom of diabetes, as far as I know. Sorry for bad news. It could also be a kind of ordinary peripheral neuropathy, which is another auto-immune disease.

I'd see your GP.

• Posted

Methotrexate can cause peripheral neuopathy--and so can RA. So can Sjogrin"s: do you have dry eyes and mouth?

Tell your Doctor!

Good luck. I have it in my feet, and hate it!

• Posted

I have peripheral neuropahy, which manifests as a numbness on the soles of the feet. They get very hot when I'm lying down, almost to burning – not outside but from inside.

I have to stand in cold water before bedtime just so I can get to sleep before the burning starts. But it only happens when the temperature is above 25C.

The numb feeling is very odd, not strictly numb but feels as if I have dipped the soles of my feet in superglue and have that 'extra skin' feeling. 

Anyone else have these symptoms?

• Posted

hi i signed in just to reply to you. i have EXACT symptoms. i started taking b12 (jarrow sublingual) and numbness starting improving within days. my b12 blood tests were high but i am not absorbing it properly. i highly recommmend anyone with numbness and no answers showing up on other tests try this!
    • Posted

Well, thank you Ally.

I have pernicious anemia too and do shoot up B12 every two months, but maybe I should do it more often. I could also go for the sublinguals.

Do your burning soles get much worse when you're lying down and do they keep you from sleeping?

Like you, my body doesn't absorb B12 thru the stomach – in fact that's what pernicious anemia is, so maybe you have that too.

• Posted

yes, they always get worse when i'm lying down, and particularly with my feet flat on the bed and knees propped up (like reading), they go even more numb in the heels. my anemia and b12 tests come back normal, but what a huge difference when I started the sublinguals. numbess started getting better instantly. (and also comes back when i stop).maybe try them daily if you're only getting the shots every few months.

• Posted

I have numbness in fingers and hands, doctor tells me it part of the Sjogrens and Raynauds. It is wors after exercise, I tried a B complex, did not do much. But also i started losing the ability to maintain a grip with left thumb on things and dropping school books. But my doctor says this could be related to my C5-6-7 being close in my neck.
  • Posted

Yep, I have tingling in my feet and trembing in my hands.   Part of RA me thinks.
    • Posted

No evidence here so far that these symptoms are part of RA.

Someone suggested a reaction to MTX. That's possible, tho not the cause of my peripheral neuropathy personally, which began way before my first RA symptoms and MTX dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.