numbness and tingling, painless electricity sensation in hands, feet, back, neck?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I will try to be as detailed as possible, please if you have any idea about this or any similar experience, try to help as I am very anxious about this. 

3-4 weeks ago, after a night of studying, I felt this weird tingling/electricity sensation in my left arm, and I felt my left hand and fingers go numb. I ignored this and went to sleep and that week I tried to rest my wrist and arm as I thought it might help. Some days later I felt the same kind of sensation in my right hand, which then went slightly numb, then in both my feet. Next day I felt this dizziness and breathlessness at night, I went to the ER and they did blood tests (I wasn't fasting), my TSH was slightly high, like very slight. The rest was normal. I did a blood test again fasting for TSH, T3, and antibodies and it was all normal. I was still experiencing breathlessness, fatigue and lethargy, loss of appetite, increased heart rate so my doctor recommended me an x-ray of the lungs and it turns out I have an infection and got antibiotics prescribed. 

The numbness and tingling still hasn't stopped. I started experiencing that electricity sensation in my back also 1-2 weeks ago. It only lasts a few seconds and it is not painful. I was also having neck and back pain which really intensified when I started school again.2 or 3 times I felt this burning in my neck. Also I have woken up 2 or 3 nights due to intense pain in my right leg. And now I also feel that pain in my left arm. I am also feeling some slight tingling/electricity in my neck going up my head. 

Just to be clear, the numbness and tingling doesn't really last long. 

Plus, I am still experiencing some chest pain and I did an echocardiogram, which was normal. 

Please help I am feeling very anxious and scared about this. Could it just be anxiety or what? I am going to go to a doctor tomorrow but still I thought I would seek some advice and reassurance here. Is this a serious problem? I am a female who's only 17 years old I really don't know why is this happening to me. I'm feeling very scared every single day.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

UPDATE: I've also been having a headache everyday, and I'm feeling a lot more tingling and crawling sensation in my head. Please help!

(I've been given b12 supplements but until now I see no difference)

• Posted

As him to send u to neurologist keep going till issues are felt with Hun don’t take no for an answer
    • Posted

Yes because Gillian Barrie syndrome similar to ms Lyme check it out been doing lots of reading me being hospital a year I’ve learned read lots . Yea this sad part of my life was on life support to so they all thought I was gonna die and I can get it again . It’s 2/12 years walking not fast can’t go long distance had nerolist for few years basically can’t walj far distance use my wheel chair just started gym again basically gonna probe I want to get better then what I am still . Still have tongly basically in my feet hands more my left hand in my head now and again numbness still in my lower part of my legs feet but so annoying v I just want to eat them and see if there’s still meat on them hahaha kidding had to jk every now and again have to make my self laugh and others to because I almost died I hope wish all you happyness stuff I don’t want to be those that don’t care no I’m not doctor but basically I think I should be one 😂😂😂😂

• Posted

I'm feeling similar symptoms with the tingling in the feet and hands...the worst thing is the prickly feeling,like something is poking pins in your hands...keep us updated,also keep the anxiety levels down trust me it doesn't help

• Posted

Tell your dr check you out for Gillian Barrie Syndrome Hopkinson Disease so many Lyme Disease so much out there sad to say . Hugs
    • Posted

My antibodies were normal though I don't see how could it be Guillain-Barre. Plus the symptoms started before I got infected. My symptoms are not severe at all I am still able to do everything. 

• Posted

Thanks to all those who replied. I'm feeling better today and the tingling sensation has decreased until now (could be the cobalamin pills I've took for the past 3 days). Hopefully it doesn't come back again. 

I might do another blood test for all vitamins and electrolytes and see what comes up. 

I will try to update you as soon as I know. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.