Numbness growing around left side of head now, cant tell what's going on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, over the last 3-4 years now I've been having growing numbness issues that seems to be getting worse again. back sometime in 2017 I felt very odd and disconnected in a way, I had been homeschooled (and still am) and eventually at one point in 2017 my entire right side of the body went slightly numb, I couldn't tell if it was a mini stroke or something else at the time, it pretty much raised my anxiety a whole bunch. Then in late 2017 to early 2018 I had gotten numb almost completely in my chest and stomach, like as if I just couldn't feel anything there. then I started to get numb in my head and lower crotch region. Now during these few years I had so much anxiety and panic attacks almost daily for the better half of late 2017. I have been isolated and homeschooled for around 4 years and have had weight issues too. Not to mention I've been 15-18 in this timespan too. Eventually everything died down for a bit later in 2018 and 2019, then let's hop to last November. My left eye goes numb, not completely numb but just feels more numb. I see a eye doctor and he says he thinks there isnt much wrong, fast forward to about a week ago and now my tongue has gotten numb, my left side of the face too, and my head more numb. I'm at this point where I saw my doctor again on friday and now I'm having to get a brain scan in a week or two. As I'm waiting for this my anxiety has been going haywire and I have no clue what's actually numb or cause of anxiety. The sensation Ive been having can simply be described as my entire body feels detached from my head and almost like I'm about to lose control and just well, die or pass out. combine this with the actual numbness I have and I cant tell what's real or fake and its scaring the crap out of me. I feel so detached and keep having heart palpitations and more numbness. I will note again I've been isolated and alone doing homeschooling and stuff for probably 3-4 years and I have been tested about everywhere except a brain scan. I fear alot I have a tumor and dont really know what to do while I wait for this scan. I keep having my heart palpitations and detached feelings and dont know if I'm either dying or my anxiety is making me lose control. please I need some help here with this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can definitely cause physical symptoms, but it sounds like you need to pay a visit to a local neurologist. Or at least visit the PCP and ask for a Neuro referral.

• Posted

I'm getting a brain scan tomorrow and its definitely making my anxiety a whole lot worse, I'm not sure what to feel other than anxiety and fear right now.

• Posted

hi there.very sorry to hear what happened to u

i have very similar issues started from 3 years

i have numbness and pain on all my right side of the body from head to toes

feels like numb and somtimes bad muscle pain and somedays disappears tottaly

i did brain and spine mri and some neurological tests and blood tests all came normal

and still iam suffering no idea ..i saw 2 neurologist they say maybe anxiety

but it feels so bad and real

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.