numbness in face

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell if they ever get headaches and numb feeling in face and over the nose xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi 🙋 Joycemadine,thing is about our condition everyone is different,I get headaches and numbness on the left side of face,shoulder and down left arm,having operation at Kings College hospital 19th next month so fingers crossed it clears that lot up.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Peter what operation are you going to have x
    • Posted

Hi 🙋 there again,I'm having a cervical Laminectomy,hopefully that will free up all the trapped nerves
    • Posted

Thank you Joycemadine and I hope you got some answers to your question x
  • Posted

Hi joycemadine,

I suffered a very frightening episode of partial full paralysis of the left section of face and complete left shoulder upper/lower arm, hands and fingers.I had reached up to about shoulder hight to replace a curtain hook, with my left hand. Suddenly there was an awful pain from my shoulder joint along the top of my shoulder and up the side of my neck to my left ear. My left upper side was dead, not numb, complete loss of feeling, I held my left arm in my right hand but it was not part of me.I looked in the mirror and my left cheek had fallen, no sensation whatever.Luckily I did not panic. I told myself that it was okay before I lifted my arm, therefore it should go back to okay if I reversed what I had just done. I slowly manipulated my left arm for about three minutes until I felt feeling slowly returning to my arm and face. It was so odd, I could have smashed my hand with a hammer and felt no pain. When I told my Neurosurgeon he said that I had had a very lucky escape normally paralysis was permanent.Now I live in constant fear of it happening on a permanent basis, a fall or stumble, someone bumping into me or knocking me over,that is all it would take.

Take care of yourself. Mike

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Mike . Did they say what had caused it x
  • Posted

Hi ,

I have cervical stenosis with spondylosis and osteopytes at levels c4, 5,6 and 7.I was offered an operation with a 50/50 chance of success but decided on leaving things as they are for now with 12 monthly reviews. Part of the operation has high risks of damaging the spinal cord and blood vessel..

My legs and bladder are also effected along with my arms, neck and shoulders.

• Posted

I have the same thing Mike .never ben offered surgery for that but have had 4 failed surgeries on my lumber spine x
    • Posted

Hi 🙋 Mike,I too have problems with walking,left arm,neck shoulders which is why I opted for the surgery,it seems my spine in that area is bleeding anyway so cant make it any worse.
  • Posted

Sometimes the top part of my head feels ringlet or numb. I researched and it says this can happen. Still weird and scary.

• Posted

Hi,

The main drawback (others may argue benefit) of anything to do with cervical spine problems are any visible signs to signify the pain and restrictions this illness, disease, presents with. Anyone on the outside would be hard pressed to sympathise with a sufferer who" looks fine but seems to be in a bit of pain."

The other thing of course is how differently c/s problems affect one person to an other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.