Numbness in face and other body parts when eating?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been getting pins and needles during my meals, it is more severe if the food is spicy. It usually starts with the face and then spreads to my lips, chest, hands and feet.

This has been going on now for about 4 years. I've talked about this to my doctor but he relates it with my migraine headaches. I am not sure if it really is related. I've been migraine free for about couple of months now but this numbness when eating just won't go.

I also get this feeling of pins and needles when I am stressed or anxious but that is normal for most people I guess?

How can I stop this numbness sensation while eating? It drives me crazy.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sorry to hear this.

Has your dr suggested a referral t a neurrologist?

It may be due to  tmj.

• Posted

I've been to neurologist as well, he relates it with migraines too. Btw, this does not seem like TMJ. I looked up for a bit but I can't relate with any of the TMJ symptoms.

• Posted

Hi,this sounds like a voodoo to me...jokes apart..it could be lack of some vitamins..what I suggest is get your full blood test done and see if everything is ok..I'm suffering from anxiety and depression...I feel detached from my own very self...I hv a strong personality,but my thoughts r keeping me weak...I wanna be strong n stay strong...I fear sleepless night .i do get sleep,but I count my hours of sleep...sometimes I sleep very well for 5 hours,but living with the fact that 1 should get 7-8 hours...I get that too,but not everyday...now I hv been put on antidepressants as I think too much about my sleeping pattern..though I know it's irrational,but I hv no control over my thoughts..the anxiety the depression...yuck I hate it...anyway u get urself test n lemme know.

• Posted

Yep, I had a blood test done about a month ago but everything came out to be normal.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear with what you are suffering through. I hope things change for the better. Good luck m8.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.