Numbness in head

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today something very strange happened to me. My entire head suddenly felt numb. I wasn't doing anything strenuous prior. I moved my head from the left and right to stretch it thinking I pulled a muscle. Nothing helped. When I raised my eyebrows, I couldn't feel anything. The numbness then shot down the back of my neck and down both arms. I looked in the mirror and my face was bright red. I hadn't eaten anything yet, so it wasn't food poisoning or a reaction. Just had several glasses of water. I took my blood pressure and it was 148/88. Took it again 15 minutes later and it was 144/82. Then again 15 minutes later and it was 124/84. I laid down because I started to feel dizzy (probably scared). And I fell asleep for about 90 minutes. When I woke up, I felt normal again. But then the numbness returned an hour or so later. I tried researching all of this online but couldn't find anything. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are a myriad of reasons why Paresthesia can be caused. You can always check with your doctor, if you are worried.

• Posted

HI, I encourage you to see your dr right away. these could be symptoms of nerves being pinched or compromised in some way and that can lead to a lot of trouble. Better safe than very sorry. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi

Hmm No never -sounds really wierd to me -maybe phone your doctor if you can to see if you can talk to him/her about it -& see what advice can be given

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.