Numbness in Lip, Nose and Cheek

Posted , 2 users are following.

For roughly two weeks now I have been experiencing numbness in my face. The numbness is only on my right side. My lip, tongue, cheek are effected and my tastebuds are essentially changed also. I have had a severe headache on and off since this all started. I have had two ct scans of the brain, mri of the head and cervical spine- all normal. I have had a lumbar puncture all normal. I did a week of 60mg pred and did not seem to get any relief. I started lyrica three days ago and have had no let up actually symptoms have worsen. I am also experiencing pain and weakness in my right arm and shoulder.  

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Lindsey

I am sorry to read your story and the lack of diagnosis. I can only tell you that Lyrica is very unlikely to be of help to you. This drug changes your brain chemistry and central nervous system within one week of starting it and your body becomes dependent on it quite quickly. It essentially turns off the pain receptors but not for everyone and there are severe side effects being reported such as brain fog, balance issues, eye issues, memory loss, loss of language and many more. As you have only been taking this drug for 3 days you may wish to reconsider taking it at all and you could just stop it now before it gets into your system. I was put on this 2 years ago for chronic nerve pain and I suffered all the above side effects. I am now having an extremely difficult time coming off it withdrawal wise. Obviously it is your choice at the end of the day and if your symptoms have worsened it might be a good time to do some research to help you decide. I do hope that you improve soon and get some answers from your Doctors. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.