numbness in my arm!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I've suffered from cfs for a good few years now, I've just started with numbness in the arms and sometimes my legs. Has anybody had the same experience? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep. After having the illness for about 15 years, I had a relapse. New symptoms appeared, including numbness, tingling, and a feeling of heaviness in my legs and sometimes my arms. My doctor says it's because the large nerve cells in my brain have been affected, causing these nerve sensations.
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that! Do you suggest anything that will help? I'm laid in bed at the moment and can't sleep because of it? X
  • Posted

Yes, ihave these symptoms that are very much helped with b12 treatment.  theres a big overlap between b12 deficiency, ME & MS.  many people with ME actully have b12 deficiency. they are frequently misdiagnosed.  get ab12 serum blood test done.
  • Posted

Hi sillysmg; yes to all, as others have also said........besides supplementing with Vit b12, I also make use of Tubi-grip/support stockings.....I find this issue worse when lying down, and when doing too much walking etc.....you can buy Tubi-grip from Pharmacies/Physios.....it is mainly used to increase circulation, and although we don't have an issue with circulation, I have found that this/these do help.....the tubigrip can be worn on arms as well as legs, whereas the stockings can really only be worn on legs..............hoping that this idea works for you too?.....Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.