Numbness in side of face and scared of what it is.

Posted , 2 users are following.

As of the last few weeks/months I have been having growing numbness in the side of my face. First starting with the eye then moving onto my face, then tongue, then mouth, etc. All on the left side. Then I started to have heart palpitations earlier this week then started to get really bad confusion. All during this my doctor set me up with getting an MRI for my brain. I got it on Wednesday and got the results earlier today saying that my brain was all ok. This makes me very worrysome because I don't know what's causing this extreme confusion I have on a daily basis. Over the last week w/ my head being numb I've had, confusion, trouble typing things correctly or coming up with proper words to say, trouble sleeping, etc. All symptoms of a brain tumor, combine that with the growing numbness on the side of my face/head and I don't know what's happening. Doesn't help I googled all of it and it instantly came up saying I had delirium and that people's last weeks to live w/ cancer and stuff like that get delirium. I'm not sure if I have anxiety or what anymore but it's really starting to grow on me more and more. I've been diagnosed w/ GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder), Severe Depression, Possible Panic Disorder, all back in 2017. In the last week this confusion and harder feeling of emotions has all just gone out of hand and I don't know what to do. I am 18 and isolated quite alot from the world due to being homeschooled and have some weight issues as well. I cannot properly think, come up with proper words and other things. My head keeps saying I have brain tumor/cancers even though the MRI came up with nothing still. I'm just scared and don't know what to say or do at this point since yes my numbness in the left side of my head IS real, but doesn't have relations with brain cancer/tumors. At this point I can't tell if I'm going crazy or anxiety has taken over or I'm just mentally dying or something. I also have feelings of disconnection and feeling like I'm gonna collapse and just die right then and there alot too. I wanna know if stress or anxiety or depression can cause really bad confusion or messing up my words because I'm just so confused on what it is if it isn't a brain tumor at this point.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also have issues with feeling emotions, socially distant with talking to people, and some other stuff that keeps staying along with the confusion.

• Posted

anxiety can absolutely cause your symptoms! The same thing happened to me when I was in my 20s. I had numbness, tingling, I detached feeling from myself, brain fog, plus many other symptoms. My test also came out normal. Which surprised me because the symptoms were driving me crazy. however, it did turn out to be severe long-term anxiety stress and depression. The brain is an amazing Organ and it will react to severe anxiety by producing symptoms that can occur all over the body.

I wanted to let you know that I am now in my 50s and I’m still here! I do get occasional symptoms but nothing like the type I had in the past. Basically I just ignore them and they go away because I know they will not hurt me.

i know it’s hard to believe that anxiety can cause this, but it definitely can!!

you are not going crazy!!A high degree of stress can cause confusion and mental fogginess. you have generalized anxiety disorder, panic, and depression.

dont Google anything. It will just scare you for no reason. You don’t have a brain tumor in your brain is fine.

I think the best thing you can do is get some counseling for this because it’s difficult to manage alone.

it really helped me a lot! It really feels good to vent to somebody who can help you.

hang in there and please get some support for this. Take one day at a time. Remember the more you stress out about symptoms the worse they get. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.