Numbness in toes after cast removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, my name is Rich. I was working on a ladder on top of a steep roof and the ladder came out from under me and i hit the roof and slid down and fell off roof. I broke my right heel in the process, guess i got lucky it was just my heel. Anyways the surgeon i went to see said that surgery wasnt worth the risks involved and said my heel can heal on its own, given time. I was in a splint from emergency room for 2 weeks and a cast for 3 weeks after that. I got my cast off Tuesday and am now in a boot, with the understanding its still gonna be a month to month and a half til i can bear any weight on my foot. I felt numbess in the top of my big toe and called because i was worried. Ive never been through anything like this. I got the cast taken off and put into a boot. Well my question is, should i still feel numbness in my big toe? I also have numbness in the side if my foot and pinky toe, may have been numh in cast i just didnt know because of the cast. I also cant move my pinky toe as t seems stiff. Its only been 3 days since cast removal. Is numbness still being there a regular thing. I tend to worry more than i should, especially after reading that if there are problems with a foot after a fracture, that amputation is possible. My mind runs wild. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Uuuggg yuk, Richie 35738, I was diagnosed with spd, skitzoid personality disorder, with hypocritical features, Uuuggg, so I'm always trying to diagnose my self, with no medical education, 😁😁😁😁😁,but on the numbness, I, was also a idiot kid at one time made a metal rocket 🚀, so I thought, out of match heads and a metal ink pen, well the contraption blew up like a grenade, instead of taking off like a rocket, piece of shrapnel went into my leg and one into my hand, the one in the wrist was bleeding like a stuck pig yuk, mom took a towel wrapped it around my hand, rushed to the hospital, they pulled the metal out, sewed it up but, cut the nerves ,now I have no feeling on top of my right thumb, yuk, but my hand is functional, don't dwell on the numbness, can't tell you how your foot will turn out in the future ,as long as your blood circulation is positive, you should have a good life, I'm going to send you a power back, booca looca, cybernetic healing wave force 90 healing wave 🌊, OK 😄😄😄😄😄😄

• Posted

I really dont know what to think. I've read about gangrene and hope i dont have it. The bottom of my foot now feels like there is tape on it but nothing is there. i think the skin is just tight from swelling that is still present and it just feels weird because of it. I can still feel my finger on all parts of my foot....even where its numb. so i hope thats a good sign. Even ticklish on bottom of foot where it feels like paper or tape instead of skin. I know ny circulation was cut off sone in cast or numbness wouldnt have occurred i guess. hope it didnt do too much damage. if it isnt better in a week or 2 , ima have to go to doc i think. ill worry myself silly. Oh how i wish i could go back in time and wait for a cooworker to assist me on the roof instead if going up alone. We take walking for granted. Appreciate the booca looca cybernetic healing waveforce though bro. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.