Numbness tingling and severe headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

my symptoms started over a year ago and would be every now and again but now all the time.

tightening of skin numbness and tingling that can be very gentle, but moves around face and can get very severe, almost like a headache in the skin, on the end of my nose, in lips or anywhere in face.

Also random sharp pains that last a few seconds anywhere in body.

I also now have a severe headache most of the time which can be like a migraine bit also like a blood swirling sensation in head and scalp.

amytrptaline didnt work naproxen made it worse. tried gabapentin which worked for a day or two but pain and headaches pushed through it.

Anyone had something similar any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Matt

First things first. You need to get examined by a neurologist with a special interest in headaches. The idea is to exclude any serious conditions which might present similar to headaches. Until you get to see the neurologist, find a physio that has an interest and has done further courses or specialty studies in headache. We can get pretty good results....difficulty it might actually take some time.

• Posted

hi mate i had major headache and a pressure feeling in my head i tried all sorts the only thing that helped me was a higher dose of vitamin d3 the doctor also gave me amitriptiline which is a antidepressant with no effect have you had your vitamin d levels checked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.