numbness & tingling leg ,upate.. MRI...

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

ive had numbness and tingling in left leg for about 11 weeks now,

have had blood tests, all clear,

Nerve conduction test came back clear too..

now dr is sending me for an MRI scan as thinks could possibly be my back?

even though i have now back pain as such..

my leg still goes completly numb at times, toes strange tingly  and right hand gets pins needles occasionally too

i am a bit nervous about this as not too keen on closed in spaces...

any tips?rolleyes

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

At least they are trying to find out what is wrong. I don't will be as bad as you think. People I know who had it done tell me it can be pleasant listening to the music they play. One friend told me he went to sleep. Do let us know you get on. All the best.
    • Posted

thanksconfused

will prob take ages for appt to come..

so will try put it too back of my mind for now wink

will update when i have it

• Posted

Hi again. No they do t NEED to occur but it is another indication of MS. I thought I had an ear infection as I'd been diving in tropical waters but in fact it turned out to be another symptom ( a year after numbness in legs) so that was when I got sent for MRI scan 

don't worry about scan  but hang on until they finish if you can. Just concentrate on a recipe or shopping list or so ethi g to distract t you or count slowly biggrin))

• Posted

thanks, so looks like i'm quite lucky that the Dr sending me for scan so quickly then, just hope it doesn't take too long to come throughwink
    • Posted

Good idea. But do meanwhile read PHD. It's empowering taking charge of your health. X
  • Posted

still waiting to hear about scan, dr said two weks ago he'd refer me.

How long does it take to get an appointment through? anyone know?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.