Numerous lumps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Some time ago a lump appeared on my back , its sort and occasionally it can be sore to the touch. More recently ive found more and more of these same lumps, Ive got about 5 on my arm and im now starting to wonder if I need to be concerned.They are larger than a pea which is generally what they say about tumours, and not hard, some feel fixed, one in my arm looks like a small swelling over the inside of my elbow, and can be easily seen. I have also been having a few other problems with the same arm, my ring and middle finger tips to first joint are numb, a little like when youve been building a snowman and go back in the warm. and youve reduced feeling? As well as tinglering pins & needles which just comes and goes, i think its at its worst when just at my side when im in a  standing positon, initially it was in my forarm, I now think its going further up my arem past my elbow?   I did go the GP, what a waste of time, I told him about the feeling issues and got dismissed as nothing so never told him about the lumpy swellings as well, im not sure they are even connected. I do have a few health concerns which are currently been treated, back problems long term made me disabled     ANY IDEAS

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is a condition where small cysts made up of fatty (adipose) tissue keep erupting all over the body. They can occur anywhere – over the trunk, neck, back. However, they rarely affect the hands.

These cysts are not harmful in any way. They do not grow. They are not cancerous. The only treatment possible to stop their growth is a healthier lifestyle, that includes-

1. Avoid eating fatty food.

2. Eat more of fresh fruits and vegetables.

3. Avoid caffeinated drinks for some time.

4. Do any form of light exercises daily.

5. Cleanse your body everybody with any mild soap.

• Posted

Thank you, however I must say I eat loads of fresh fruit and veg, and a couple of these things have grown and moved slightly which is concerning.. but ill mention what youve said to me to my doctor, one never knows.. 

cheers 

• Posted

Hello caz

What you have is Adposis Dolorosa other name is Dercum's Disease

Yes these are fatty tumors.  Yes they will grow even if you have them surgically removed which I have many times.  Yes some are very Painful.  They can cause other problems.  One example, I had one on my elbow which pressed on a nerve that made my fingers go numb.  Google search this to learn more about it. Search also for Dr Karen Herbst, a PHD in Phoenix, AZ  She is the top Doctor and research expert on this disease.  Since I have this disease, I can tell you not to worry.  This does not go away.  You have to learn to live with it.  If the nodule is too painful or too large then have it surgically removed.  Also, if you exercise too much the lactic acid buildup with increase the nodules.  So exercise in moderation.  I would suggest seeing a Dermatologist or Surgeon if they become too painful.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Afternoon Faithinhim

​Thank you for the information, the gp here never says anything useful other than its nothing.

​I will speak with them, and put the disease t o them.

many thanks 

take care Carol

• Posted

Hi Caz  

One other thing I want to mention.  If your doctor still says "Oh it's nothing"  Then please find a Doctor that knows about this disease.  I have learned that a lot of Doctors never even heard of this, yet it is in our bodies.  It causes Pain, so don't give up your search.  As I mentioned, there are times when you have to have the nodules surgically removed.  I have many nodules, different sizes, some Painful,

others don't bother me.  When they affect your daily life, it's time to get some removed.  Hope this helps.  These are Not Cancerous  Stay positive and Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.