Numerous swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I noticed a painful lymph node on the bottom left of my right clavical about a month ago, it was painful to the touch and scared me. I went to the doctor and she said pain was good and if didn't go away to come back. The pain faded away but the lump remained and two weeks later further up on my right clavical, another larger painless lump appeared. Needless to say, I freaked out and went to the hospital since I don't have insurance. They did a blood pannel, where all my blood counts and organ functions came back normal.

I made an appointment with a new primary, who told me she found it odd and wanted me to get insurance with in a month. That was over two weeks ago and my insurance won't kick in until the first. But things have escalated.

The original lump is still there but harder then before, I have lymphs nodes swollen in my neck, jaw, chest, and at the top of my spine all painless and some soft while others are firmer. I am freaking out and can't get the tests done that I need to have done until the first of April.

I have absolutely no other symptoms that I could even think of and feel fine otherwise. It's starting to wear away at me, I'm constantly worried and can't think about much else.

Has anyone every experienced this before? I thank you greatly for your time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I failed to mention they had also done a chest x-ray and everything came back clean.
  • Posted

Those are too many lymph nodes that are swollen, and needs to be checked in medical setting.
  • Posted

I have a swollen node above my clavicle on the right too, its been there for about a month . Mine is painful to touch and hurts when i turn my neck .last year i had something similar that also presented with a neck abscess that was drain through a fine needle biopsy, all tests including xray, ultrasound, CBC all came  back normal, only for me to notice one single node a month ago . Its about 1.5cm in size and not so hard anymore right now, but still a bit painful. I have neck and shoulder pains too. No other symptoms .

I have an appointment with a doctor next week . I'll let you know how it goes.

• Posted

I really hope your appointment goes well. My lymph nodes are no longer swollen, so says my doctor. I was tested for streptococcus and it came back positive, I had absolutely no throat pain or symptoms of it, but there it was. I have had it many times growing up so was quite surprised. She did a Lyme pannel, CBC and c protien blood test and everything was perfect.

As far as the lumps go, they're summing them most up to lipomas, I have another doctor's appointment in over a week to see the results of the ultrasounds they did, and the original lump shows something there, otherwise, he couldnt find anything where the other lost were. Since he's a tech and isn't aloud to disclose things, he brushed slightly on the topic of lipomas and how they're hard to see on an ultrasound because they're just fat. So we will see.

Thanks for responding and please keep updating and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.