Nurapathy pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had cancer 28 years ago had pain in my legs but wasn't everyday then in 2003 they got to hurting worse for 20 years was told it was arthritis and now that I went to be dr was sent to another dr found out it was Cemo indused nurapathy no cure just control pain they have hurt everyday for 2 years

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

yes i think this could be possible - i read about a Vietnam veteran

who got poisened by Agent Orange and developed neuropathy.

I myself most likely got poisened by pesticides during my work

in the lab and developed this disease.

But when it can be shown by your dr. that chemotherapy chemicals can cause

this problem, then this should made public.

I got the same diagnosis that only pain management is possible

but no cure. I recommend to use Gabapentin or Pregabalin in high doses

in addition to Tramol to suppress the pain.

But i also dont know about a cure.

Greetings from Chris

• Posted

I take 3200 mg of gabapentin and 200mg amatripaline a day norco 4x a day and still have some pain everyday some are worse then others
    • Posted

Hi Judy,

that sounds pretty bad, I'm sorry that you experience that terrible pain.

I recommend to switch to pregabalin which can be used in lower doses and does not cause acidic stomach but is much more expensive.

From my experience, stress and running around a lot does promote the pain. Try to avoid.

Chris

• Posted

My cousin has chemo treatments for ongoing bone cancer.  She takes Gabapentin for the pain in her legs. she says that without it she would be on the floor.   I have tried taking it for the burning and pain in my feet, unrelated to her condition, but the side effects were too much for me.  Combined with other meds that I take, it causes blurred vision, and I cannot enjoy life with blurred vision.  But it has increased my cousin's quality of life so you may want to talk to your doc about it.  

• Posted

I take gabapentin it helps some but it never goes completely away dr said it will help gust control symptoms
    • Posted

Hi Annie,

gapapentin itself is not a painkiller but should be combined with Tramadol. The alternative is pregabalin but this is much more expensive.

Without this combination, Tramol + Gaba (or Pregabalin) I could not survive the neuropathic pain. Tramol alone cannot achieve a pain relieve comparable. Hope that helps you.

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.