Nurofen + taper starting to struggle a bit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been tapering down approx 6 pills a day now for a few weeks. Have no physical withdrawal symptoms I actually feel better . I'm less tired all the time and stomach is improving. However I'm starting to miss the small high I would get when I was on bigger doses. The pills were something to look forward to during the day and now I feel I have to replace that part of my life with something else. Has anyone else done this and if so how do you cope

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie well done on your taper I'm in same boat but tapering only half a tablet of diadrocodeine each week gone from average of 14 a day to 9 and now dropped to 8 n half. Yes I feel less tired esp in mornings but I'm same as you missing that bit of a fuzzy feeling and trying get used to feeling normal. I've thought about this but decided to focus on something positive and believe it or not have taken an interest in sewing and crafts I find it keeps my mind occupied. Although this won't be for you. Hope you keep doing well and I know how hard it is.
    • Posted

Thanks for that Sari, it's good to know somebody else is going through same thing. I know I'm going to have to find something to occupy mind but it's hard after 16 years of misuse. Might give the sewing a bash but I've got sausage fingers so won't be much good. Let me know how you are doing with taper
  • Posted

I make jewellery to take my mind off of the pain and the pills, trust me crafts help a lot. Any hobby that gets your mind active will help, I need to make a cut down for the amount that I have been taking again, it's really hard to do it but it is worth it in the long run!
    • Posted

Hi Andrew can I ask what painkillers you are tapering off? Yes the thought of another drop is scary Im planning my next one on Saturday but only dropping half a tab a week that will be ok for me and glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's taken an interest in crafts. My mum does sewing etc all the time so been getting good tips and tutorials from her as well as a few bits and Bob's to get me started. Beats thinking about pills all the time! And yes it is worth it. I had a lft last Friday and the results are not great so am focused on getting a good lft in a few weeks! Am feeling less tired in mornings tho already : )
    • Posted

I'm trying to taper off of codiene phosphate 15mg have relapsed a couple of times, really want shot of the pills
    • Posted

I'm on diadrocodeine 30mg and been on them five years until a locum gp noticed I was collecting a script for 224 a month ( 8 a day) but the reality was I was also buying around an extra 140 a month cos id run out...I can't stay in that cycle no more. Is your gp helping? Mine just sees me every 10 days or so asks how am doing and prescribes me enough to last the week whilst tapering. No other withdrawal drugs used and not asked about them but going to try harder. Guess we will all relapse at some points the key is to draw a line under it and start again. I know how hard it is! Sadly there isn't any support groups where I live pretty much left to own devices but heard lots water helps with the muscle pain on each drop good luck keep us posted
  • Posted

Hey jamie, I just started withdrawing from 80 tablets aday today... would appreciate any advise you have to give...

The withdrawl waves are already hitting me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.