Nutrition and BPH

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone have any information on how nutrition affects BPH.  I started a plant based diet about ten days ago.  I am not doing so specifically for BPH but for overall health and to loose weight.  I have read that a plant based diet slows the rate of prostate cancer so perhaps it has some benefit to BPH as well.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Two of the major factors are race and family history.

Genetics is the major player, although poor health, eating habits, lack of exercise can compound the problem.

When males enter their 40's / early 50's, hormone fluctuations can be the source of many medical problems (including prostate issues).

If genetics is potentially working against you, then you have to be extra strict with a healthy lifestyle.

Healthy lifestyle is a constant "work in progress".

• Posted

Just to add ► Searching for the highest incidence of prostate cancer was a list describing a French island, with predominately black males. It had the highest rate of prostate cancer, to the point it separated itself further then gradual margins from other countries.

Searching again led me to a article that seemed to explain the reasoning: The fruit on the island (grown? / eaten?), was being treated with a pesticide that seemed to be the cause of the large prostate cancer rate.

• Posted

Agent Orange has also been linked to increased cancer risk and is on the list of disability for Vietnam Veterans.
    • Posted

Yes they had two weapons against them- inheritance and pesticides, but if they do there internet homework regarding eliminating cancer and change there diet it  and avoid pesticides where possible it may well save them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.