Nutrition for anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been experiencing high levels of anxiety and I am on 150mg sertraline for it. It has helped a bit but I’m unwilling to go any higher due to the side effects. I eventually want to be medication free and I am currently trying to improve my diet to improve my mental state. I’ve been gluten and sugar free for almost 2 months and I’ve been upping my probiotic intake too amongst other things. I’m still having some bad days and struggling generally to cope. I just wondered if anyone else had any success from taking this approach and how long it took to feel the benefit. I’m going to carry on regardless, as it can only benefit me, but I could really do with some encouragement. Today’s been a particularly hard day! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Certain letters not available on laptop.

It will improve. luten contains an opiate and so on luten free body is deprived til body catces up.

Sorry for sort postin but you et te drift?

• Posted

Cant say just lent of time before u start yo improve only it will eac day as u reac your oal. Sorry about keyboard.

• Posted

Thanks Harriet, I think I got the gist of what you were saying. Can I ask if you have any personal experience of this? I’m eager to hear any success stories etc... xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.