Nutritionist - UK

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need advice off a nutritionist who is in the UK - can anyone recommend one that has knowledge and experience of AF and the vagus nerve as I'm getting more convinced that my AF is linked to my digestive system and diet. Thanks guys 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve

I am not a nutritionist or a doctor, but I have had AF for more than 20 years.

From my experience and research, I have learned that there is a direct link between the Vagus nerve and Ectopic heartbeat (PVC and PAC) , which can sometimes feel like AF.

There is also a condition called "Vagally-mediated AFIB" but it is not researched enough at this stage.

Check out this link to get more info: http://www.myafibheart.com/ectopic-heartbeat-vagus-nerve-palpitations/

• Posted

Thank you so much janco - that link was really interesting - I'm in my 30's with no structural heart problems and have had no af for about 18 months. At my last checkup the doc said I had a lot of ectopic beats and I believe a lot of my issues come from my digestive system so I'm going to follow up on a lot of the advice in the article and see how I get on - big thanks 👍

• Posted

Hi Steve,

?See my reply to Shane 55250.

If you are in UK and want a professional Nutritionist go to the BANT website.

?This is a professional organisation with whom appropriately qualified Nutritionists can register. They have a search box where you can check out for an appropriately qualified Nutritionist in the area where you live.

?good luck. If you can't trace my reply to Shane get back to me.

John

• Posted

Thanks John - your comments to Shaun were really interesting and I'm going to go on the bant website now 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.