Nw med

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!  My doctor started me on a new med on Monday in addition to the meds I already take.  New med is Neurontin.  Does anyone else take this?  has it helped?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would get a second opinion and ask the pharmacist.  if you have pancreatitis you are an increased with these tablets.  if you have epilepsy I would be safe and double check.  I have read the side effects and to be honest I would think twice.  

I have been in the same place the doctor prescribes what they would to someone without pancreatitis. only for it to start another attack or increase pain bowts..

I would think twice

• Posted

I would get a second opinion and ask the pharmacist.  if you have pancreatitis you are an increased with these tablets.  if you have epilepsy I would be safe and double check.  I have read the side effects and to be honest I would think twice.  

I have been in the same place the doctor prescribes what they would to someone without pancreatitis. only for it to start another attack or increase pain bowts..

I would think twice

• Posted

I do not have epilepsy.  CP an splenic vein thrombosis.  The doctor thought (based on an article) that this may help.  I am willing to try anything at this point.  I did have to consult the pharmacist the first night because I needed pain meds and was afraid to take them too close together, but no one seems to thing this is an unusual med combo?  I imagine in the US I am one of a few being told to take it for CP, but maybe it is a new thing?  That is why I am reaching out to all of you!  So far it seems okay!

• Posted

Reading up in the uk it has not had full approval due to the bad side effects . I would definitely avoid them
  • Posted

I used to take it.  It is for nerve pain.  I now take Lyrica instead.  Lyrica works better for me.  I take it foe my back.  Does nothing for my pancreatitis.
  • Posted

I take my Lyrica with strong pain meds.  Have for about 10 years.  Pancreatitis was July.  
  • Posted

I had my attack a year on boxing day.  I have had various tablets for bp and pain management.  some will aggravate tje pancreas.  its Russian roulette and I know from experience that you need to read up on all your meds and double check. better safe than sorry.  remember everyone is different and you know your body better than anyone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.