Nytol sleeping aid

Posted , 6 users are following.

So about twenty mins ago I took a nytol tablet to help me sleep as I’m exhausted didn’t take my sertraline today as doctor advised but il b back on it tomorrow and the propranolol I don’t feel drowsy from the nytol I just want sleep 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I am on week 7 of Sert and have only just stopped using sleeping tablets. I now take an antihistamine called phenergan which helps. I am up to 5 hours of sleep now which is a massive improvement from the first 4 weeks. I don’t fall asleep til about 5am though. It is tough but does gradually improve xxx

• Posted

Hi vanilla I’m on week 2 did u get any side effects I’m waking up feeling deadly sick diaria headaches sweats cramps etc xx
    • Posted

Hi,

I kept a diary from day 1 of sert and recorded the following side effects;

Dizziness, anxiety increase, very tired, no appetite due to nausea. They all died down from weeks 3-4 x

• Posted

hi can you definitely combine taking Sertraline and pherenergan.

• Posted

Starting to think there’s something really wrong 
  • Posted

Hi i did reply back to you with all your concerns and try to help you , it seems that most of your problems are related, its a vicious circle and there is no quick fix, to get a good nights sleep your mind has to be free of worrying and the more you worry about stuff then you can not sleep, so you try everything, i have insomnia so i know, and some drugs help others do not, what works for one person does not work for another we are all individuals, the one main problem is switching drugs without giving one drug a try, it takes time for a drug to work a get into your system, and i am the person who told you about herbal remedies to, and the only thing with them they are great if you give them a chance, but if you are so worked up and expect a miracle with them they will not help , i am sorry , the more your mind thinks terrible things nothing will work, so you need to talk to a counsellor and sort out your deep rooted problems first, and find out why you are not sleeping ,because i know what causes my insomnia and its my traumatic past and i getting treatment for it, and its going to take time, no over night fix
  • Posted

Hiya, I'm on sertraline for yrs 200mg.

At the beginning it's awful I'm not going to lie, but with time will get better. Just remember 50mg is very low. I started feeling better on 150mg.

Best of luck??

• Posted

Hiya Claire. I went through a bout of insomnia cos of the sertaline, better now. But at the time, i was only sleeping 2 hrs a day, if at all. doctor gave me diazapan which worked, but only a short prescription, due to it being addictive, so after that my chemist suggested Phenergan, which is an antihistamine, which can be bought over the counter, its for hay-fever and stuff, anyways, it makes you drowsy and helps you sleep, she also informed me, that it is quite common for phenergan to be prescribed along with sertaline for people having sleep problems due to the sertaline. so it might be worth a try, it helped me a bit.

All the best G x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.