O,m,G! Epidural Cortisone Injection took the pain straight out of my leg almost entirely!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wanted to come here to share my experience today as my last experience with an Epidural Shot before I had my Microdisectomy 2 years ago was not pleasant and did not help, so I did not expect this to help me at all and how wrong I was!

Immediately upon getting the injection I tried getting into the SUV like the pain was gone (huge mistake) as the pain struck me down terribly bad (10 minutes after the injection), so I came home and sat down in front of my PC and did some studying / reading, and when I got up to painfully crawl into bed there was NO PAIN! I could carefully move my body around (as I do anyways anymore), but there was no pain getting up or down, or moving around! It is like a miracle so far!

I saw "so far" as the day wore on, its become just slightly irritable that I can notice it, but its not painful at all and doesn't restrict my abilities to lay down. It also hasn't hit me nearly as hard this time with side effects, my first Epidural I couldn't sleep or eat for 2 weeks from getting it, now I am sleeping fairly frequently so I am wondering if I actually just have a cold making my whole body achy.

Anyways, I was once a disbeliever in these Epidural (Spinal) Cortisone Injections, but so far after receiving mine there have been limited side effects and relief that is life changing. I really hope this relief is here to stay long enough to get some physical therapy, but even to feel pain free for my day, my god what a blessing.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sooo pleased for you! Hopefully you'll continue to be psin free xx

• Posted

rommon, I am so happy for you! Hope the pain is gone for good. You suffered enough!

Be well!

Adele

• Posted

People who have never experienced your kind of pain cannot relate . To those of us who have we can understand your euphoria. Hope this is a lasting thing for you. Blessings to you.

• Posted

I'm so happy for you! My first shot gave me little relief. I was so depressed after I thought I would have to get surgery. I went back for a second shot and found a amazing doctor. It's has been more than a year now and I so much better. I get little pains here and there. But nothing like I had! Thank God! Wishing you lots of success and a pain-free recovery ❤

• Posted

Hi rommon,

How are you doing? Hope you are still pain free! Did you start your PT?

Be well!

Adele

• Posted

I actually had my feet slip just slightly enough it jolted my hip muscles into action, and I could once again barely walk for about 3-4 days, think my burst of miracle shot was the local anaesthetic. 😕

It has recovered again though, it's about 10 days since my injection so should be the steroids helping to keep inflammation down, and I can actually get in and out of bed now (NO MORE RECLINER SLEEPING!!!).

I'm going to see my abdominal surgeon tomorrow to ok PT, then I am ready for Physical Therapy and light gym workout if this continues.

I couldn't believe such a tiny sudden ice slip could almost paralyze me though, crazy how fragile health is!

Thank you for checking back, I'm not fixed, but I seem to be getting better fiiiiiiinally!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.