O shot

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm booked in to have the O Shot in a couple of weeks it sounds promising. Has anyone had this or know of anyone or heard anything about it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello there I know very little about it being from the UK but been reading up on it .... would love to hear how it goes for you. There are days I would love to just put this disease down and not have to deal with it.

• Posted

I was looking into that and also the Mona Lisa. Please keep us posted on how it works for you.

• Posted

I've read about it and it sounds intriguing. My hesitation is that there's no knowing how long it will work for each person... some people it lasts longer than for others. I'm waiting to see where my "healing" is when I go see my gyno again in November (I was just diagnosed two months ago.) If things aren't better - I am seriously thinking about trying it. So I'll be following your post... look forward to hearing about it and how it worked for you. 😃

• Posted

What is the Mona Lisa. O shot last about a year

• Posted

Stephanie,

Yes, there are certain red, two are in Alabama and there are reported positive effects because your own platelets are injected back into the tissue . that's supposed to help rebuild tissue. Widely used in athletics to speed healing. Let us know. Good luck.

• Posted

I certainly will. It's expensive $1800 but if it helps thank god but if not at least I'll know.

• Edited

hey guys,

not sure if any of you got the shot but just wanted to share my experience. I got the shot on Dec 13th 2019 and had significant changes. I am 23 years old and live a pretty healthy lifestyle. ive had lichen for about 3 years now and had a ton of fusing. i didnt start on the steroids until august of 2019 and they helped a lot with pain and slowing the fusing. after getting the o-shot in december i went from using the steroids twice a day everyday to maybe once a week. im wetter and dont tear during sex as often. my doctor recommended i get a shot every 6 months which is obviously extremley pricey(i paid $1500) but i am going to talk to her wheb i have my check up in a few weeks about it possibly being covered under insurance...if a breast reduction can be covered when the doc submits pictures, why couldnt this be?

ill keep you all updated on my findings but all in all i think it was worth it, and so did my OBGYN

• Posted

Hi megmacd,

If you don't mind my asking, what happened that you found out that you had LS? You would have been 20 y o. that's quite young. Also, when you say you had pain, can your describe the pain? Did you have the itch too?

Thanks, biscuit

• Posted

Hi Meg - I'm curious about your Oshot experience. You said you had significant changes... did you unfuse at all after the Oshot? I've heard the Oshot helps orgasms be "better"... did you find that to be true? My orgasm intensity has seriously diminished .... I'm sure the fact that my hood is fused to my clitoris doesn't help, but I wonder if the Oshot would help my O get back some of it's "intensity".... cause it sucks to FINALLY achieve one - and it just feel "meh." 😕

Also ... did the Oshot hurt? Just thinking about getting a shot on my clitoris - makes me cringe! 😕

Thanks for sharing your experience!

(And I WISH it was covered by insurance.... or at least partially. 😕 It would make getting one a lot easier.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.