OA in thumb joint. Back of hand discoloured?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two years ago I had a trapeziectomy on my left hand.  I lost a little strength in my thumb, but now have no pain, which is great!  My right hand is now in the same condition, worse probably, and I've got an appointment with my GP to see if he will refer me for a trapeziectomy on that thumb joint too.  The thumb joint is swollen, very painful and even my wrist seems to be affected as I can't lift things without pain, e.g. heavy saucepans.  However, what I find strange is that the colour on the back of this hand has changed.  It looks brown/sunburned as though I have a permanent bruise under the skin.  Anyone else have this?  I presume it's connected with the thumb joint.  It also looks as though it's slightly swollen over the wrist.  Any thoughts anyone?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.