OA is all in the head!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

You will all be pleased to hear that OA (or rather the pain we have) is all imagined - well most of it is!😡. The wise words from my gynaecologist yesterday.  If we learnt to accept it, take our minds of it (perhaps do a little skipping, aerobics, marathon racing, etc ???) our pain woulld reduce considerably!!

I'd like to wish these wise men 'seasonal greetings'.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh good, well at least my imagination must be working well then. BAH Humbug
  • Posted

if our `learned` friend suffered with oa, i wonder what tune he would dance to then.    SO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE US MUST HAVE GOOD IMAGINATIONS !!!!!!!.             beyond angry grrrrrrrrr
    • Posted

Exactly.  The strength of the mind must not be underestimated.😡

• Posted

Well thank goodness! Now I can sign up for that trek in Nepal I've always wanted to do.....!!!

Immediately prior to my official diagnosis with lymphoma in the early 2000's, four differrent doctors saw a lump on the back of my neck - two during a doc visit - and two during a trip to the ER for an unrelated problem. At each place one medical "professional" said "Oh it's just a cebaceous cyst" - and the other person suspect a possible cancerous tumor. My ER doc actually had the scan done, and looked horrible when he came in to tell me it was likely cancer. I had already figured it was because of my other symptoms...but I learned really fast that there are people in health care like your gyno, that may have some skill in their specific area, but can be totally clueless otherwise.  

• Posted

You poor thing!  I feel ashamed that I moan about my illnesses (polyarthritis and PMR) because they are not life threatening - just life changing.

This forum - and the PMR forum - have helped me far more than any Rheumy ever has.

How did you manage to post  onto this site?  I don't suppose many on here can help you with your illness - commiserate yes!

By the way!  I'd be careful about that trek in Nepal if I were you! 😏😀😀 but don't give up your dreams.

Seasonal greetings to you and a pain free (worry free) 2017.

Kindest regards fr Constance.

• Posted

The point of a message board is to give and share support...when I come up for air, from time to time, I look around and find new places online to visit. That led me to this place, and your post, today. smile

My cancer treatment is one of the easiest things that i've been through, so for me it is more of an odd story about how 50 percent of the doctors that looked at the tumor were clueless. I have chronic severe joint pain now that is much worse than my cancer ever was. Except for the nausea...I'm a big baby when it comes to being queasy so that part sucked! smile

The long tem non-life threatening stuff is MUCH worse in my eyes. With a potentially mortal illness you just dig in and do what needs to be done, and it works or it doesn't. I've always said it was worse for those around me who felt helpless. But with the chronic stuff, it can change your life slowly, and in ways you never dreamed of,  and it can be a long painful slog through the weeds just getting from a bad day to a fairly good one. FInding people who get that, is always a good thing. <3

• Posted

Perhaps he should just stick to his field of expertise.

When he get's older Father Time will eventually catch up with him. Then he'll find out for himself if OA is "All In His Head".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.