OAB treatment with Betmiga 50mg.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a TURis prostate resection a year ago. Four months ago I was diagnosed with Over Active Bladder (OAB) . The Doctor suggested the use of Betmiga 50mg for the treatment. I was taking the pills every day at the same time and after 11 weeks I noticed significant improvement. I asked the doctor whether it was time to stop the medicine. He suggested to give a try. I stopped taking the  medicine for 2 days but the symptoms returned . I then restart taking the pills without informing the Doctor and the symptoms almost stopped.

I wonder what is the right time to stop and how to stop taking the medicine. Shall I stop gradually taking the pills say every other day or even reducing the dose to Betmiga 25mg. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Gradually reduce the dose, don’t stop it. I was on Tolterodine 2.5 mg twice a day for OAB.  A combination of bladder retraining, kegels and gradually reducing the dose got me off the med.  get a pill cutter.
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment. I will follow your advise and try to gradually reduce the dose. The reason I do not use antimuscarinics is that I cant bear the dry mouth effect. Fortunately with Betmiga I have no bad side effects so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.