Obsession with blinking and breathing is this anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well i have depression and anxiety and i have a bunch of crazy symptoms but new ones have poped up now im focusing on my blinking and breathing almost like i have to force myself to blink are breathe and its makeing my anxiety worse. Have anyone had the same problems?????? Please let me know feel like ima go crazy and im not takeing any meds because im scared of the side effects well thanx for your help.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

You are going to have to find something that keeps you so entrolled and so busy you dont have any time to give this energy. Do you run? Running is useful. Do you workout, i mean a serious workout. Do you like building things? Build something build a garage or a shed in your yard. You get what im saying here. You cant have any downtime or so little down time available to you. You think too much and in the same familial negative patterns. Therefore find something that doesnt allow you to think. Paint your whole house.Its that or get really good at meditation or seek out hypnosis, but you need a really good hypnotist to deal with this. People with anxiety disorders tend to be very suseptible to ideas oddly. Thats all i got. 
    • Edited

Yeah i read alot and walk my dog when I'm doing stuff i dont think about it but when i want to chill are im chilling by myself here it comes

• Posted

Cant chill much. You cant be left with your thought for a while. Not until you stop reliving the same patterns over and over. Take on a bigger, busier project. Its your saving grace to keep very very busy. You look young in your picture so maybe older neighbors can use your help with stuff around their house. Its a win win kind of thing and it will lift up your sense of self a ton. Just an idea. Even if its walking their dogs or banging a few nails in the wall for them. Very rewarding too,
  • Edited

I have an obsession with breathing, thank goodness.

If can cannot understand or put your mind at rest regards eyes and blinking see your GP. Are you spending to much time on the laptop, that can cause problems with the eyes.

BOB

• Edited

One symptom goes and another arrives.

But you haven't got a life-threatening illness so be grateful.

• Posted

Hello Anxiety and stress is like missing a bus, wait awhile and another Anxiety will be along soon.

jOKING

BOB

• Edited

Hi,

Your blinking thing sound like an obsession. Have you seen a doc yet? Not just for meds but there may be other therapies out there to help with anxiety.

I'm currently on anti-deps but also on a course called CFT compassion focus therapy. Deals with how to treat yourself with respect and in turn others.

I don't have physical compulsions but my thoughts are obsessive sometimes.

• Edited

Hi I got the same thing breathing problem it's like hard to breath feel like I'm out of breath

• Posted

I feel your pain. I too have had all sorts of anxiety problems over the years so I can empathise a million percent. I too have an issue with blinking, but it’s a bit different to yours. Mine is that I constantly have anxiety about my loud breathing and blinking. I'm paranoid about my neighbours and passers-by hearing and copying me. I think I’m making so much noise, and I’m scared to blink. It makes me petrified every single day. Anyone else have this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.