Obsessive thoughts and guilt from past mistakes from when I was a kid

Posted , 5 users are following.

For months now I've been suffering with intrusive thoughts and they are literally killing me , I get weeks I suffer with obsessive thoughts about harming loved ones and then I get intrusive thoughts about past mistakes from when I was 12 which I look back on and I tell myself it was wrong what I did and I literally shame myself to the point I want to end eveything , then I get a bad depression hit me , at the moment I am in hell im literally waking up eveyday not wanting to be here I just don't know how to deal with these guilty thoughts how can I forgive myself and love myself again ? How do I move on from this ? When I went on meds last year that made all the intrusive thoughts 10 x worse , please someone reply I'm so desperate I've lost hope and I feel that there is no way out , I push myself eveyday to go gym and work but it's just to much now I'm weak and mentally not here anymore I'm so scared and just hate myself I've tried hypnotherapy and counselling , please someone reply to me 

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Donmate

How can I help.?

How old are you ?

You need to conder now seems to be the time you need help and move on, your GP may be able a treatment plan including CBT, to approach your concerns

We all have past problems and activities that we would prefer did not happen, you need to put them in your past and move on, live for the day and the future will look after itself. You mention some treatment, medications, CBT you have had in the past, We learn from their suggestions, hopefully we move on, the problem is we are like rabbits dazzled by the headlights of a fast car and cannot move forward. We all have legs, to get us out of the way of our fears and concerns.

If need be you can PM me if required or converse on site, if I can help

You can also call NHS Information Line on Tel 111, they can arrange some support.

BOB

• Posted

Thankyou , I'm 22 I just don't know how to let it go and stop feeling guilty and be able to let ge myself again , Its making me think I'm not worthy of life no more I just feel so mentally week all that goes in is negative 😞

• Posted

I'm not sure if this will work, but I had a similar situation. I had a really bad expereince and made a huge bad decision. I was suffering daily thinking about it and couldn't let it go. This happened in a certain city where I do not live.

After reading extensively, I found that someone suggested reliving the experience (the best you could). I actually returned to that city (which was extremely difficult), stayed at the same hotel, saw the same people, and made sure everything went well. I faced my fear and corrected the bad decision from my first visit there by making the second visit a positive experience.

Your situation may be completely different, but if you can somehow relive it, making the correct decision, you will be able to put this behind you.

• Posted

It could be that you were not on the right medication or that you didn't have it for long enough to make a difference.   I would go back to your GP and get a referral for some coping therapies and strategies.  These can make a big difference.  Also they can help with medication that may help you out with the intrusive thoughts. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.