Occasional bleed post haemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I’m curious to see if you guys still have an occasional bleed months after a haemorrhoidectomy esp if the stool was a bit hardish

I’m abt 4 months post op.  I’m finding it takes little to nothing to bleed a little from that area 

Is this normal ?? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m four months post op too and yes quite randomly I get bleeding (not bad) on tissue, and I wonder if I have a fissure. I was never called back,for my 8 week post op check and was quite pleased at the time As was fed up of all the poking and prodding in that area, but will now chase up after Christ,mas.
  • Posted

I went back to my surgeon three months after the operation and he said blood on a BM was okay. I have a high fibre diet and drank plenty of water. I just take my time with every BM.
    • Posted

Really?!  How long can one expect to bleed?  

I find I’m not constipated and have a high fibre diet but just have blood on the tp for no feasible reason.  Other than the recent surgery after pretty significant haemorrhoid disease 

I’m trying not to panic that something else maybe going on 

• Posted

I used fybogel and lactulose which helped BM, see if you can get this from your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.