Occasional brown coloured urine & stomach pain - advice pls

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I haven't posted on here for ages as I've been feeling pretty good. I was diagnosed with uc last Aug & currently take asacol & laxatives which has proved to work but I have been getting bad tummy and back pain for a week now. Been to see gp who has referred me for an ultrasound as she thinks possible ovarian cyst. She didn't think it was a flare as I'm not bleeding or haven't noticed any mucus. Can you flare without these symptoms? Noticed last night that I'm peeing brown urine & this am but it's now clear?! Feel very tired and unwell which is unlike me. Any advice would be welcomed as it has freaked me out a bit! Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Jo,sorry for the delay in my reply but we were travelling home from Spain and dodgy Internet connections! I am confused as to what constitutes a flare,is it always blood,pain,urgency etc or can you flare without bleeding??? Another question for my list methinks! Sorry to hear you are feeling rough again,it's so frustrating isn't it? Just when you think you've sussed it all the symptoms come back grrrrrrrr! I am sure when they've got to the bottom(excuse the pun) of your inflammation they will adjust your meds and you will feel human again. In the meantime enjoy your wine and choc,I also eat mostly what I fancy, I refuse to let this disease spoil my life completely.! Keep us posted Jo as I feel strongly that we all need to support each other and share things that help sometimes,take care and chin up mate xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.