Occasional chest pain and coughing blood with Phlem, not sure what to do ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are safe and well.

I am a 28 year old male. Asthmatic and non-smoker. I've been having this issue since late October, which I hope someone can give me some advice on.

So to give abit of bakground, I've been coughing blood occasionally. It has been a lot of blood but it comes up when I am coughing and bringing up Phlem/ Mucus. It will happen for a couple days and then stop. I've had abit of chest pain over the last couple of weeks too. Since October, I've gone to A+E twice, once in November and again in early December. Both times they've done checks i.e X-rays, blood tests, ECG scans etc... and it all seems fine. I've also handed in Sputum samples to the GP in October and got my results a couple of weeks ago and nothing came up. I've also tested myself for COVID recently and it came back negative.

Generally I feel good and healthy. Last couple of days I've been regularly going on long walks just as exercise and feel fine, even with a mask on at all times. I've had migraines every now again and had a bit of chest pain. I do regularly take my inhalers. I have had a bit of a cough over back at the beginning of December and it go better with antibiotics but then came back again. I do have a CT scan on Monday just as a further check. I started coughing blood again about half an hour ago. I'm not really sure what to do. Of course immediate thing is to go to the CT scan on Monday. I'm also in a Tier 4 zone and my area has been one of the worst hit by COVID. So not entirely sure what I should do whether to go A+E today or to wait it out. Has anyone else had this happen ? Any medical professionals on heard of a similar case and might have an idea on what is going on and would give advice on next steps or things I can do at home ?

Thank you all. Happy new year and stay safe !

Vin

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.