Occasional discomfort when peeing and discomfort?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My partner recently washed some of my clothes and I wore some underwear he had washed and after wearing them for several hours, that night I felt a huge discomfort like I needed to pee, so I went then less than 10 mins later I felt the discomfort again except not much came out, it’s been about a week since then and it’s been intermittent with the symptoms, it burns to pee ever so slightly about once every 5 pees, I don’t have an uncontrollable urge to go toilet, and normally if I do I pee as normal, but when I’m inactive and sitting round I feel such an unexplainable discomfort down there, it doesn’t hurt or burn or sting it’s just there. 

I have no unusual discharge or odour, but it’s just unusual how it happened after wearing the underwear that would have been washed in a different detergent. 

Any advice???

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be a UTI and if it continues you need to get your urine tested,but  it could also be the detergent that was used for washing your clothes. Was it scented?  It could be causing an irritation to your urethra. Did he wash the clothes by hand? If so did he rinse them well?

Dont use this detergent again for your pants and wash them in the normal detergent with extra rinsing.

This is quite a common urethral reaction to detergent and also bubble bath and "feminine washes".

• Posted

sounds like a uti, but whatever you do, do not take antibiotics such as cipro, which are commonly prescribed for uti's, the con's outweigh the benefits, can have permanent side effects such as nerve damage and tendon damage. Just drink a lot of cranberry juice and D-mannose helps as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.