Occasional inversion/dip in areola? Please help??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've only noticed this change around this month of my cycle, though I've managed to successfully terrify myself thanks to Google...

More frequently--multiple times a day at that--either one or both of my areolae seem to 'dip' or pull inward. TMI--but the actual nipple isn't an issue here, it's just...the outside portion. I only have sharp needle-like pain in my left breast, and I have an examination for this on Tuesday, but I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced similar to this??

I'm only 18, and I'm /terrified/ it might be the big BC despite low risk.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am glad you are seeing a doctor. It is most likely nothing but it's good to check. I would cut back on Caffeine because that can cause more breast pain

• Posted

Hi mcncheri,

I am 28 and have the same problem as you. I just wanted to check if you have been assessed yet and if so, how it went?

Thanks 

• Posted

I haven't had the actual exam yet, due to my age they only gave me a blood test and a referral, so I'm still awaiting results. The problem still hasn't gone away, but I have read it might be a hormonal imbalance at best ??

I've also noticed that under my left breast it seems to be lumpy in nature, I only hope it's due to acne or something of the sort...

I'll be sure to keep you updated! Best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.