Occasional nausea after shunt and decompression

Posted , 2 users are following.

So after having a shunt placed 5 weeks ago and then a Chiari decompression three weeks ago, I have no idea what is normal as far as recuperation. I am experiencing occasional nausea and vomiting. It is not debilitating and has happened maybe four times since the last operation. I really though that I had seen the last of that since the surgery. I expected a degree of pain and fatigue, but the nausea catches me unaware. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim..

It takers a while to heal -- you should not feel nauseated..though..but each individuaol is difieerent you could potential catch what they called it chemical meningitis - its happen quite a lot with people with chiari..but go back and talk to your neurologist..write it down each symptom then on your post check up - you need to tell your health care team..so that they can help you.

Be positive..I am one of the lucky one, after 3 months striuggled with post surgery I am now drug and pain free

• Posted

I am not suffering with any other symptoms. I am healing very well. It is just the stomach upset on occasion that bothers me the most. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.