Occipital lymph gland

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi wondered if any one else has ever experienced this problem .. over the last week I've felt unwell nausea fatigue aching shivering very hot but temp within range .. tried to get Gp appointment no luck so carried on lots of bowel gas ( foul smelling ) then I wake up with this lump in the back of my head under my ocpitital bone left hand side it's painful feels a bit heavy n numb .. Apperently this is a lymph gland and it's can do this when your have auto immune conditions ?? As any of you heard of it because I am 52 and I didn't even know we had occipital glands .. the hospital sent me home said you have a good grasp on your medical conditions if you get any worse contact us further or ring Gp after bank holiday 🙈.. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

CHEck your scalp for any spots or cuts,

This is what I had literally last week.

It lasted a few days and it was quite painful when you move your head!

• Posted

I have advice. If this is ongoing go private or get a second opinion as your gp will have little to no experience if it was to be ibd. However don’t worry it could be many things. But I was undiagnosed for two years and it was no fun. Especially the worry. This is your health. Put your foot down. Get the answers you have earnt and deserved. If it is say chrohns. It’s tough but you will have piece of mind. If not and it’s nothing at least you will no longer worry. My advice. Gp’s are not trained in ibd. If you suspect it. Do all you can. All the best. 
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with crohns in my 30's after years of different ops even hysterectomy so have no faith in hospitals to be honest .. then developed fibromyalgia but they treated me for arthritis and gave my quinine tablets for 3 years .. so my immune system has taken s battering I also have problems with my lungs and a condition called VCD (vocal cord dysfunction) caused through mis diagnosious so now I've been left with severely impaired lungs and another auto immune weakness ., it's like a pack of cards I think you get one thenyou start getting them all xx 

• Posted

Hi Marie. Ibd recently started the immnuosuppressients. I like to travel but I’m really worried now. At what level of say virus or infection can it have a severe impact. It’s wuite daunting. I’m 34. So it seems you’ve been there before. Also if you could turn back time and chance it would you? Thanks for reading. 
    • Posted

Hi I travel abroad all the time and so long as you use hand santitizers make sure you have told your travel insurance and have taken all your meds no reason you shouldn't enjoy your holiday .. just do all the right things .. the only country I became ill was Thailand and I've been to Singapore eypgt turkey Spain Greece Belgium Amsterdam enjoyed myself but always done everything I could for infection control I hoe this helps you xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.