Occupational Therapy for autistic children

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello friends,

I became the father of a baby boy at the age of 31. It was indeed the happiest day of my life. He was like a normal baby earlier. But slowly I and my wife realized that there were some changes in his behavioral pattern. He was not talking and he felt difficulty in communicating like a child having an abnormal mentality. We were afraid and became very sad. We took him to doctors and realized that he was having autism. It really saddened us but we decided to give him the best treatment.

After hearing many suggestions, from doctors and others, we came to know that Pediatric occupational therapy services are an ideal solution for autistic children. This will help them to develop a quick response to the senses and to grow independent skills. My son had undergone this therapy for 2 years and is still continuing. By God's grace, he had started talking and also have good changes in his reactions and behavior. That gave us a ray of hope. Though autism cannot be cured immediately and completely, therapies like this slowly can change them for better. I still believe my son will become like a normal child. From my experience, I suggest pediatric occupational therapy for autistic children.

Is there any other opinion?. Please do share here.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.