OCD about my thoughts and feelings

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know it may sound strange for some but I keep on overthink my thoughts and the feelings that are attached to them..or should I say, no longer attached anymore. I can't really explain it, but when I overthink about something it kinda dies it. I kept on overthinking about my feelings to a point that most of it died out. Now, I can't feel anything(internally) and my emotions are kinda dead at the moment. I can't even sneeze. Like, because I kept on overthinking about my sneezing, I can't complete the sneeze. I can't say "choo" anymore. *sigh* Please, what can I do to bring my nomral feelings and emotions back to life? Should I get a brain scan or something? I want to enjoy life again.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi first of all forget the brain scan that is way over the top, it sounds like you do have ocd, and its treatable , you do not say how old you and what you do in your life, it seems you have a lot of time to over think things and then you worry about every little thing, ocd can be a whole group of things, it can be deep rooted of something that happened in your past that you do not want to remember, it can be the way you have be brought up everything had to perfect, so now you worry that everything has to be right, and you do not say what you are interested in doing , keeping your mind occupied with things you enjoy, can help ocd, and seeing a therapist can help big time, you really need to talk to someone about this, a close friend or your doctor, once you open p you will start feeling better and you will get the help you need
    • Posted

But..what about my feelings though. The thing is that I can't seem to enjoy the things I used to love and so on. I'm afraid that I did something with my brain that I shouldn't have even done.

• Posted

that is what i m trying to tell you , you have done nothing to your brain, your brain, is what is having these low thoughts, the mind is a complex tool,, that is why you need to talk to a therapist, or counsellor, so what ever your thinking can be brought out into the open, then once you know what the problem is and what your feelings are, you will be your happy joyful self again
  • Posted

Hi I agree with Jaybabes.  You can't cause brain damage by over thinking things.  If you could everyone in the world would have it.  Do you have health anxiety?  The way to cut down those thoughts is to use distraction.  Each time your brain starts over thinking interrupt it and do something such as talk to someone,  read a book,  watch tv,  you get the idea.  The more you thing about them the more you will so try this. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.