OCD advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else live in fear of going crazy? That’s what is keeping my anxiety going because it’s always on my mind and I don’t know how to get over it and realise im fine. I’m always so cautious of what I’m thinking, what I’m doing, how I’m acting because I have this fear. Please tell me I’m not the only one?

I have been told this is a form of OCD, is that true? I hate feeling like this. I am so focussed on my thoughts all day every day

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda yes i spent about the first 40 years of my life thinking i was either going crazy or that already was crazy, too be honest i sometimes still think i am a little mad but because my friends and family love me and except me for who I am i no longer mind so much, i am thinking you are not very old and have as yet to become happy in your own body/mind this will come in time, try to embrace your personality and remember you are unique and so what if your a bit quirky thats all the better, i had and still have a very vivid imagination and I am very creative so i believe this makes me an interesting person, i hope you can learn from the years that come to be happy

• Posted

hi , i read your message today and your defo not alone. i myself has slight depression, i am 46 years old and i am dreading to be 50. i have always considered myself being young and now i feel down every time someone dies or part of my family dies. it's as if the clock is going to stop. anyway back to your issue , yes i am constantly worrying about what if i just become insane, go mad, blank out and do something stupid, the reason i think that this might happen is if when my parents die and my brothers and sisters start to pass away as well that in my eyes might trigger the madness . it's horrible thinking about it . it's too dark in my mind what if and what might happen. i am too scared to think about it but death is 100% going to happen to me and my family and i have to accept that but then again will my mental status feel the same? my mind might decide to let go and it's scary because i am not going to be able to control it. i hope that when the days come for my family and friends that i will be ok about it and move on . i hope you will be ok and all i can say is be strong and accept the things because they are normal everyday things , i hope you will be strong as would i hope too . x

• Posted

Hi to reassure you they do say if you are aware enough to think you are going crazy then you definitely aren't. It's those who insist they are fine when they are locked up for not being fine who don't aren't aware of their state of mind.

You are looking inwards too much and concentrating too much on your own thoughts. You need to start breaking this as the more you do it the more you will do it and eventually it will become an obsession. When you catch yourself at it distract yourself - go and wash up, read a book, watch telly, talk to someone. Even if you have to do this 100 times a day then keep at it and in time your morbid thoughts will become less. Not easy but then nothing worthwhile ever is.

One last thing what is the worst that can happen? Ok so you go crazy! There are times I wish I was then I wouldn't perhaps suffer from depression any more! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.