OCD and anxiety never stops, feel frustrated

Posted , 3 users are following.

i suffer from OCD and anxiety regularly i get a few good days then get hit again this week was rough ...i did a cosmetic procedure and basically looked kind of strange afterwardsit was the scariest thing to see your face change like thatanyway my anxiety went through the roof!!! it was really bad i lost like 5 ilbs in a few days. now my face looks better thank god and i feel like myself thank god right? nopei get the thought "what if i keep clearing my throat" (obsession ive dealt with before) its a hyperawareness issuepoint is why cant i be happy????!!?? i need a break im always suffering

any advice on how to get out of this cycle!!??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

omg you sound alot like me!!!! are you taking any medicine?

• Posted

I do. zoloft 100mg but i still suffer with severe ocd but I would probably be worse without it , but hard to know for sure

i get a good week then bam! i get another obsession themes are either health anxiety or throat clearingits awful

the only things that help are working out, eating healthy and distraction but ofcourse nothing is a magic bullet

i pray that i find other ways because i suffer too frequently

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.