OCD and Hallicunations

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,  I am past that obsession now, I take 80 mg of Prozac and 300 mg of Wellbutrin but for 2 days I took a valium 10mg, then a few days later took another10 mg one day. and 20mg the next day, that night I think I hallicunated from withdrawal, like I kept hearing someone snoring and someone jumping into bed and there was no one there, but the scariest one for me was that I was laying there and I vaguely saw a young boy running down the stairs and then he stopped and stared at me for a moment and disappeared, those symptoms only lasted two nights, so I think it was the discontinuation of the valium, what do you think? Because now my OCD has taken this and ran with it. Like I haven't left the house since then without someone with me, and obviously there was no body and stuff, so do you think it was real? The valium was not prescribed to me.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Samantha

I get the same when sitting in the Living Room, we sit next to the front window and look out onto a Patio, sometimes I see our old dog Pip walking around the outside from front window to patio, very unsettling. Sometimes I also feel someone is looking over my shoulder when I am on my Laptop. At nightimes Pax sleeps in the bedroom , on the bed, He sometimes drops off the bed and I feel something cuddling under my arm where Pip used to cuddle in when alive. As long as all is ok I can live with it

BOB

• Posted

hi samantha

when ever you mix medication prescribed or not you always have problems i think you should go back to your doctor and tell him or her what you have done and get reevaluated and dont think this is a one off because if you have done it once you become complacent and do it again.maybe the hallicunations where just the right scare you needed.

petram

• Posted

Hi,

?Thank you for your response, I have a appointment next Wednesday and am going to tell my psychiatrist. But I have really bad OCD specifically Harm OCD so I guess I am obsessing over the fact that maybe it wasn't a hallucination and he disappeared because I killed him.

• Posted

hi Samantha

before you go to the doctors on Wednesday wright a list of what you have been doing like mixing meds what times you take your meds what you eat and drink and the times you start to become obsessive with your thoughts.  this helps as reminder as to what you want to ask and why you are their we all forget to mention things and then kick our selves later. because I know that if I have a alcoholic drink within an hour my head starts to go fuzzy and numb so I know not to drink alcohol

because I do not want people to see me have a sezurire stupid I know but that's me I keep so mu

ch in side my brain it constantly aches

• Posted

Hi Samantha. Your first step is to open the back door if you have one just stand there preferably early in the morning when it's quiet and just listen to sounds around you. Don't be scared slowly take one step at a time this might take a long time but the great out doors is good therapy I believe. I like to sit on my garden swing and listen to the birds. Not every day is like this I too have bad days but when I'm on an upper I like to take advantage and try and move forward. Don't take Valium if it's not subscribed it can counteract with other drugs probably why you were hallucinating so much. I take fluoxetine 40 mg and zopiclone to sleep I do have to take diazepam an hour before just to relax because I am on constant overdrive can't stop moving need to stay busy soon as I stop I just crumble. Don't be like me because I am pushing hard at these feelings. No appetite but I do push push push because I want to get better. I know mental health is well hidden in our brains but I still feel for the disabled people that can't just get up and walk and get out and about. What must be going on in their heads.you need to sit back and think of their situation it's dibilitating for them.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

​It only happened once at it was in the middle of the night, I hope it was just from taking the valium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.