OCD and panic can't stop the loop

Posted , 5 users are following.

i hate life i have to much anxiety its only got worse and worse. i cant sit still and even have a conversation or think and learn nee skills. its crippling anxiety or dementia i have. im only 34 but it really seems like my mental health is beyond repair. pray the anxiety away and just realoze im not the only one does not help i appreciate support but lovey dovey solutions dont seem to help panic disorders. i was able to play video games, watch tv and listen years ago but i cant anymore any type of learning causes even worse anxiety and panic. thatswhyi say dementia. my doc wont order a brain scan tho.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

the panic is constant i cant get a break. ive literally been taking zopiclone which is a SLEEPING pill in order to help calm down my anxiety. i dont know why but i havent been able to find a state of peace or being calm for years. most people have daily stress and when they get home from work or from the 5 oclock rush hour they can relax and have relief. i dont have that releif at all. i dont know if an SSRI is right for me. it does not target the anxiety and help my state of well being that way i need help ty

• Posted

Some doctors are very unsympathetic to panic disorders no matter how intense and torturous they are for the patient. I would suggest get away from that doctor and find one who will respond to your needs properly.

• Posted

i am seeing a therapist this coming week. my family had to drop there dog off and live with me for a bit i can barley handle myself and my anxiety and OCD dont let up. im starting to think that ciprolex and antidepressants wont work for me

• Posted

So glad to hear you are seeing a therapist. My brother had to have my parents go and live with him for a spell for the same reasons as you. It's a valid option and I hope it helps you feel better.

• Posted

Have you ever been tested for ADHD? Also, how was your childhood? I know these may seem like these issue do not matter but when there are other factors at play sometimes these things get over looked and the situation only gets more convoluted. I have PTSD I was brutally attacked and left for dead. I know everyone is different and it is hard, but one has to decide what the overall objective. For me, I ran from the darkness because I fear I may have never returned. I was not carried out in a body bag therefore, my way of dealing with all of this is to keep trying things until something works. Hang in there

• Posted

i have ADD yes i did terrible in school and could not focus at all i literally got 50s sometime not even. i was not attacked as a kid but i did develop sever anxiety because of bad acne! i would get panoc attacks from it and here i am today with panoc and anxiety 24/7 from it. i dont worry about acne anymore ive outgrown that but i still jave the panic disorder it helped cause. i am clueless on a solution

• Posted

It's extremely unlikely you could have dementia at your young age as it strikes almost exclusively in the over 60's. I should imagine this is why your doctor won't organise a brain scan.

It is much more likely that your symptoms are caused by anxiety so are you treating this?

• Posted

i am trying to treat it. i was on effexor for years but it stopped working so im trying cipralex now 2nd week in. im jittery and panicing 24/7. no cardio barley can breathe going up stairs or bending over. im 200 poinds 5'9 im not that big. blood and ekg say im fine but i think somethings causing this beaides anxiety but im not to sure... its hard to believe that all these symptoms are caused from anxiety. and from an antidepressant lik effexor that just stopped working for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.