OCD anxiety/depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried antipsychotics for treating these if all else has failed. Please let me know if found more useful in which ever disorder you may have. Thank you 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I tried quetiapine after ssri snri sari and tca failures.  Didnt help at all. Had to discontinue.  Maybe others might help.  Im still struggling.
  • Posted

I'm on antipsychotics if and when needed alongside citalopram. I take it when I hallucinate or agitated. I know this isn't relevant but, for me, they work when I need them. I have recurrent depressive disorder, ptsd, anxiety and possible asd.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. I suffer with anxiety, depression, OCD ? ADHD. I've tried all sorts in the past but nothing has worked and so thinking this may BT next step to take. I've also always been a very bad sleeper. Did any of the meds help with sleep at all. Did they increase motivation? 

• Posted

I found Paroxetine saved my life. Particularly good for OCD. Before then, no other drug helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.