OCD: Intrusive thoughts Making me feel like a horrible person

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone have any suggestions how to make it better? Hoping to find advice what worked for you. 

My OCD is I guess known as Pure O. 

I've had symptoms for a year but it seems to be getting worse and I feel like sucha horrible person. I don't know what to do anymore.

I am going to therapy but not taking medication to anxious for that.  I just really wish I could reset my mind before the thoughts took over.

Is it possible for my thoughts to go from health worries (which I got over) to now pure o. Its like whenever I get over a fear BAM strikes another one... 

I guess like any anxious person Im looking for reassurance. Help. sad

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dee

Are you performing you Mindfulness, Relaxation Techniques ? Breathing Exercises can also help

Anxiety from fear, you will need aversion therapy so you can for example leave the home or mixing with others etc.

Your new Therapist should be able to help you confirm your fears although some of these techniques will need to be picked up by you and learn how to move on from your fears.

I have a fear, I have problems if I fall or if for any reason I am sitting on the floor, I panic if no-one is there. I am also frightened when in bed that I fall out. Several years ago I fell while getting out of a chair I was on the floor for a couple of hours when my wife was at work. With my disability I used to also fall down stairs and end up in a heap I would hurt myself, that was why I had a dayroom upstairs in one of the bedrooms, Anxiety is on hard Mother

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.