Odd Bloating Even After Passing Stools

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've had a horrible bloated feeling since yesterday morning which kept me awake all last night and even though I ate a fair bit of fibre to try and clear it and have been to the loo a couple of times today already, my stomach is still very hard and I'm still rather gassy. I also have sharp pain in a couple of different areas which comes and goes very quickly.

My medical details include the fact that I am taking 40g Omaprazole for a peptic ulcer and have been for years now, I have a small para umbilical hernia awaiting an operation which does get bigger when I am bloated, and I have suffered IBS in the past.

Any ideas? Is it just bloat?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

• Posted

Hi lousurfer

Colpermin is for individual whom suffer from IBS and have bloating on a regular basis. The capsules pass throught the stomach and release their pepermint oil cargo in the gut, reducing the discomfort. The capsules contain a small amount 0.2ml each and the dosage is 1-2 daily. You can buy at your local chemist or ask your GP to prescribe; this way he will suggest the ideal dosage for you.

• Posted

Thats just it you see. I don't suffer regularly which is why Im concerned...
    • Posted

IBS comes and goes for some individuals others have it for the rest of their life, Peppermint oil is found in most stomach and intestine medications for 100's of years it reduces and in some cases gives much relief to many problems. Take my advice and have a chat with your GP or your local Pharmacist.

Regards

• Posted

I think you should know that fibre also causes gas and bloating in some people . Take pepcid complete for gas and bloating before eating and if you are having constipation you could try a half teaspoon of mineral oil 3 times a day. This will soften the stool. Stay away from salads as they do give gas also cabbage, broccoli, corn and beans. If you eat these check for your stomachs reaction. Sugar reduces acid so if bloated take a little sugar on a spoon and swallow it that should help your disconfort
  • Posted

Your peptic ulcer has not been cured by years of treatment?
    • Posted

It doesnt hurt any more no (the ulcer) but if I don't take the pills for more than a day I get terrible heartburn which doesnt go away until I start the medicine again...
    • Posted

Hi derek, i wondered about that  also.  Seems odd that he would have a Peptic ulcer for YEARS.. I never tooks meds for peptic ulser all i did was drank ginger and garlic together as water or tea...no sugar and 2 endoscopy was okay no more peptic ulcer.Everyone out there.. Garlic heals so much weather its internal or external make it part of your diet. 
    • Posted

The pills prevent heartburn... thats what my gp says anyway smile
    • Posted

You should take a finger length of garluc peeled ang cut up along with 10 pieces of garlic peeled and cut up in a kettle with water and boil it , let cool drink it 3 times a day hot or cold whichever you prefer this will help and you wont need those meds anymore ..Try natual because those ppi (omeprazole) always create other problems.
    • Posted

Yea thats what they say but what they dont say is that they also stop your body from producing acid which is a necessity to digest and break down food in the stomach and low acid shows the same symptoms with gas bloating and pain. What they should say is that we can get what we need by eating and using the right food and herbs.But of course they wont because the want to keep the pharmaceutical industry alive not us....
    • Posted

Hi

Are you aware the pharmaceutical industry spends billion of $ on gathering plants from all over the world to manufacture new drugs. Nature has the natural ability to cure many illinesses. Scientists want to duplicate mother nature so to give a better quality of life to each one of us.

I have suffered from migrane for many years but I no longer take medicaion in the form of pills but instead I use a few drops of lavender oil on my forehead  this works for me. However, it may not work for all. In essence we are not all the same. Therefore, medications and chinese type of treatments all play a vital roll in our wellbeing so we should have an open mind.

Regards

• Posted

Keeping an open mind is critical i know. But from experience and research and lawsuits everyday pharmaceuticals companies are paying mega bucks for causing more problems to people than help so forgive me for being so blunt.. Everyday i turn on the tv to see this..if you have taken this drug or that drug please call this lawfirm because you are intitlted to compensation for the problems they have caused you. No I do not have to much faith in that industry. I prefer using natural remedies something doctors dont recommend eventhough and i quote  you...they claim they spend billions of dollars on plants for sickness..sooo why not go to the source directly and leave out all the other colors and binders they use ? Perhaps that is the problem all the extra ingredients thats added.
    • Posted

Oils are very good . They are extacted and nothing added...You are very  blessed that we have these oils as it has helped you. Thanks to nature and GOD. From the beginning of time plants in it natural form not broken down has been our life for healing so why not continue it . Life itself has produced most illnesses because of human defaults so why not utilize the nature of the earth that has been handed to us? For your stomach issues peppermint tea , low bood. Dandilion tea, natural immune boost is goldenseal. Inflammation   tumeric and the list goes on and on. Any kind of ulcers  garlic gaa and bloating ginger tea or root and these are natural everyday herbs. Cinnamon heal all kond of ailment with the right amount of daily intake.
    • Posted

Like me your ulcer is long gone but we still have too much acid.  I try not to take a PPI every day but two days without is about my limit.
    • Posted

A Pakistani GP I had years ago told me that I would not have all this stomach trouble if I ate garlic every day. He added that many people would then keep their distance.

Did you use grated ginger root and crushed galic to make your infusion ?

I use grated ginger root but my garlic is taken in capsule form. 

• Posted

No i took a piece of ginger that is a fingers length and 8 to 10 pieces of garlic and cut them up then boil in a kettle, this should last 2 days the most .Let it cool and refrigerate it you warm it or drink it like water or tea no sugar as often as you like. It wont harm you or make thing any worse for you. It will help and if there is any kind of ulcerations going on it will heal them. I still drink it on a daily basis. Pills are not the same as the real deal.
    • Posted

Are you still thought to be sexy after all that garlic?

Sorry could not resist that remark

• Posted

Dont apologise! My name says it all..sexy and pain free with a heavy roar to back you up.
    • Posted

Why so defensive ? In the UK seems to be having a lot of I dont know what your problem is so take omeprazole and go home. So many patients with the same issues and still no relief all being put on meds and nothing is working. After all thats why we are here to give advice and try to share our experiences and what has helped in hope that it may help someone else to. Garlic works and believe ut or not it doesnt mean you have garlic breath hence the amount of garlic being used...You must be a physician who is keeping things from us is why so defensive but the truth is always best for everyone. So step aside and let nature take its course and start the healing process..peace out...SEXYSIMBA!!!!LOL
    • Posted

In life its not what you say but how its said. Dont worry just try to get healthy and stay healthy. All is good staying natural . Try it and stay with it and you will reap the benefits.
    • Posted

Are we in different countries with differing interpeitations of wordings? 

This site attracts people from many nations as it better than most.

• Posted

Yes we are. But no harm done so stay in touch and let me know if you tried the garlic and ginger and how its working out for you. I am in the U S Virgin Islands.
    • Posted

Sexy and married for 25 years..This is why i try to take care of myself the natural way. No grays and 5 grandchildren. Living life and loving it.
    • Posted

Hi

I have been using the site for a number of years to find solutions to my on going illness but find that some parties believe it all to be  a game of sorts; this is why I will no longer take part in any discussions. I have been in the science field for 30 years and lately I have been disapointed in the way some people conduct their chat. Bioscience I have studied religiously and found a number of solutions to my predicament and share with others.

Sure we can learn from each other but we must all remember each individual on this site has a pressing illiness they wish to cure or improve their quality of life with the aid of like minded people.

With this inmind our endevor should only to pass on information that can only have a positve effect on individuals without any predijuces.

• Posted

Interesting that when science failed you nature in the way of lavender oil cured you.
    • Posted

Derek76

It has been science which has given me the knowledge to look in the right direction and it is science that has pointed me in the right direction. Looking down the barrel of a microscope opens the world of science that is why we have antibiotics which is a common mould.

Cheers

• Posted

Hi ray..Great that you have knowledge in science and there is no hard feelings and you should still partake of this site because your imput is very valuable to everyone. We are all her to share in hopes if helping and our opinions may be different but thats fine, you help with science and i with natural .There should not be a conflict or any prejudice involved but respect for each other because we are all here for the same reasons ...To help each other...So lets do it together...Sexysimba
    • Posted

Hi....why were you defensive? I didnt think you were being at all....???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.