Odd periods on pill

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, I'm  here and wondering if this is normal.  Im 48 and a half and been having strange periods for some time.  I'm on the pill and have almst non existant periods,  this month just a small amount of dark brown discharge. Any one else on the pill with these symptoms?  Thanks for any replies, I have no one I can talk  to about this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry I haven't any knowledge of this but could be a sign of anaemia. Or could be your hormone levels changing as you near peri menopause. Probably worth mentioning to your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Catherine. Have you also noticed any other symptoms mental or physical lately? xx
  • Posted

You should see your gynecologist about what you are experiencing to rule out a real problem.
  • Posted

Hi I was on the pill for about 9 months until recently. I'm 47. The pill actually made my periods longer. I was down to just 2 days of bleeding before the pill but on it it was about 4-5 days.

I would ask your dr. Everyone is different. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi all, thanks for the replies (original post should have said "I'm new here" !!!) - keyboard was playing up.  I'm thinking its hormones as its actually been going on for about four years now, started when I first met my now fiance, strangely!  I don't think there's been other symptoms, I'm prone to depression, I lost my mum about 19 months ago then not long after had to move out of my home and away from my town, two huge stresses that I am struggling to cope with.  I've been on the pill since I was 30 without a break and don't have any children.  I had horrendously heavy and extremely painful periods for 15 years before going on the pill, they changed to much lighter with no pain since being on it, usually lasting 7 to 10 days.  I hope its all soon coming to an end as its been such a nuisance throughout my life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.