Odd Pus spots, help me figure what's wrong?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so about 2 months ago i notice i had spot on my leg, it the skin around it was hard and red, and when you felt it it was really warm, i went to the Doctors About it and they thought i had been bitten,i was tested for scabies and came back clear. prescribed me some Flucloxacillin and some Flucebet and it did go away, over the last two months more appearead, they werent so bad so i just squeezed them and they went away (probably shouldnt have) but now i have one which is just too bad for me, but i think i might know where the problem may lay. Everytime me and my girlfriend sleep together (no clothes) ill wake up with either a little lump or larger, usually when its a little one it will get worse over time (as it is now, last slept with her two days ago) but im just not too sure what it is, can someone help me out, i have posted a picture below.

Thank you. 

Sam

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hmmmmm, my sister had the same exact think about a year ago. Hers turned out to be bacteria that kept on getting stuck in the pores of her legs. It lasted 2 years. You said you might know where the problem is..did you try sleeping with your girlfriend with clothes on? Did the lumps appear? Or, when was the last time you changed your sheets and covers? Im no doctor, (im only 19) but you never know. Most likely you or your doctor would figure this out. Good Luck. smile
    • Posted

It could also be an infection with ingrown hair. 
    • Posted

Could it be? they appear on different parts of my leg (the one i have now is on my other leg from the first) and nope we didnt try that as well, it was just normal that we did not haha >.<, change them at least once a week ( last time 6 days ago but theyre in the wash now)  change="" them="" at="" least="" once="" a="" week="" (="" last="" time="" 6="" days="" ago="" but="" theyre="" in="" the="" wash="">
    • Posted

Haha. When you said when you wake up they appear...is it every morning?
    • Posted

about 4 times a week, sometimes noticing them are very hard to spot (pun not intended) so it could be more.
  • Posted

It seems like folliculitis. There are a few old wives' tales to getting rid of it such as white cider vinegar, turmeric and hydrogen peroxide. Some anti bacterial wipes should work too. In fact bursting the spot is probably OK if done hygenically! 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply smile had a look around on the web to see if folliculitis looked similar to what i have, and tbh im not so so, the picture was abit blurry so here is another on to see if it makes it easier. 
    • Posted

It does look like a hair follicle is in the middle. Of course that may mean nothing! 
    • Posted

Ah i see, can anything be prescribed to stop it from reoccouring?
    • Posted

As it is an infection you could use mild anti-bacterial soap. Wear loose clothes so they don't rub, don't share towels etc. and I understand hot tubs are a hot bed of infections! 
    • Posted

Luckily i dont have a hot tub, so im okay on that end, ill try the soap smile thanks smile
    • Posted

I am sure hot tubs are not all they are cracked up to be anyway!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.